Saturday, February 21, 2009

Race Report: Cross Timbers Trail



This was my first time to do this race and it was great! Look at that cool medal! The trailhead is on the South side of Lake Texoma by Cedar Bayou Resort. Dana came with me and we camped out the night before, really fun except for the INSANE winds, I think they had to be 50-60 mph gusts. Around 2 a.m. after all my tent stakes had came out of the ground and I could feel the tent seriously about to take off into space with me in it, we moved into car. The greatness of my new car, the Honda Element. We put the back seats up, moved the front seats forwards, and put our therma-rests down with sleeping bag and pillows. It was so comfortable and we had so much room. Love my car!!

The race itself was pretty challenging in terms of technical terrain, but really fun. I love how trail races are small with such great volunteers and home cooked food. I only did the 5 mile, but they put on a half-marathon, marathon, and 50 mile. Maybe 50 miles next year? No chance. =)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! I especially love the Element. I am so glad you decided upon your green machine and am very happy you were able to utilize it's awesomeness!!!