Sunday, January 31, 2010

Bold in the Cold 5k (me) 15k (Beth)

I did the 5k in 23:45. It was good enough for 1st in my age group (Females 30-34). There were 46 of us. I felt really good the first mile, struggled the second and struggled the third. lol. It was really fun to "race"! Bold in the Cold was put on by my running club, Lake Grapevine Runners and Walkers. The volunteers were awesome and I was super proud to be a member!


Beth did the 15k and got 3rd in her age group! She turns 30 on Friday (2/5) and Diana (who was exploring the wineries of CA the weekend of the race) turns 30 in May. Ahh, let the good natured competitiveness continue into our new age groups! : )

Up next: the three of us tackle Cross Timbers Half Marathon at Lake Texoma. See last years race report. (We're driving up the morning of. I learned my lesson last year.)

No comments: