Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Weekend

I never post about anything non-running but I just happened to spend most of memorial weekend with my running friends! Friday night the trackies went to the Glass Cactus at the Gaylord Texan to watch the 1st Friday fireworks put on by the city of Grapevine and dance to The Spazmatics.  We had a great time and it was fun to see everyone all dressed up instead of all sweaty. : )

Nick, Colleen, Emily, Tammy, Beth, Me, Erin, Kat, Tom, Laura, Monica

Cut off Nick : ), Colleen, Emily, Tammy, Me, Erin, Kat, Tom, Laura, Monica
Saturday I met the B&B crew for a trail run at MADD on the Northshore.  I hadn't planned to go 12 miles because I had already run trails twice during the week and I'm supposed to be recovering.  I felt really good at the end though so it was fun.  Normally B&B stands for Beer and Bagels but this time it stood for Bloody Mary's and Bacon!  We went to Little Pete's afterward and enjoy the shaded breeze on the lake.  Love these runners!!!

Libby, Fiona, Corina, Erik, Michelle, Stacy, Gretchen, Me

So disgustingly sweaty and gross...but I had fun. Haha.
Sunday I met the Chattanooga crew at the MADD shelter once again for a few miles.  This was their maxed out weekend before they start to back off the mileage for Chattanooga.  They were running Saturday, Sunday, and Monday out at Northshore with their hardest day being Sunday.  They did two loops of MADD to Far Gate.  I hung with them for one (9 miles) and it felt like 20.  I realized I was pushing my luck running three trail days in a row so soon after Jemez.  Came home and slept for 2.5 hours before going to Nick and Colleen's (fellow trackies) pool party!  Those two always put on a great party!  We had many things to celebrate because they're getting married in a few weeks, Troy's leaving for the summer and Beth is moving to Ft Collins.  Obviously we didn't "celebrate" Beth and Troy leaving, we'll miss them!!! But any excuse for a party! :)

Ginny, Me, Nick's butt
Today I haven't left the house once.  Just relaxing with my favorite man at home and watching marathons of "My So Called Life" and "Two and a Half Men."  Back to full time work tomorrow, summer vacation's over! :(

No comments: