Friday, December 5, 2008

Holy Crap, I'm Engaged!! Evan's Proposal


Our good friends Kevin and Nicole helped me throw Evan a 30th birthday party at their house.  It was on July 25, 2008 and we invited everyone over for burgers, beer and games.  As the party went on, Evan gathered everyone together to thank them for throwing his party and to say happy birthday to me because it was just my birthday, and to say congrats to Amanda because she's pregnant, and Courtney and Rob just celebrated their 6 month anniversary, on and on.  I thought it was so funny and was totally unaware of where he was going with all this.  Then he said he just wanted to say a few more words about me and the next thing I know he's saying the most romantic, loving words and he's on his knee with a beautiful ring.  It was such a surprise for me and really really special to be able to share it with our friends.  My MOH Courtney then handed me a "Happy Engagement" card!  Some of our friends had been in on Evan's plan the whole time!  It was the most memorable and special engagement I could have ever imagined.  I'm still tearing up at the memories of it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I JUST TEARED UP! What an awesome night! I was so glad to be a part of it and am SOOOOO excited to be a part of the most wonderful day yet to come!